Collected by Gwen Kua
Via S. Zanobi, 33, 50129 Firenze FI, Italy
Via delle Porte Sante, 34, 50125 Firenze FI, Italy
Most people who visit Florence know that walking to Piazzale Michelangelo is a must. However, fewer people know that walking a little higher to the old church of San Miniato al Monte is an even better experience. Amble down the Arno River to Viale...
Piazza di San Giovanni, 19/R, 50123 Firenze FI, Italy
This café is the embodiment of tradition and style, equivalent to Gamberini in Bologna. The classy wood boarding, beautiful decoration, and staff in traditional dress transport you back to the old days. You have to pay first at the cashier (which...
Via Federico Ozanam, 30-32, 00152 Roma RM, Italy
Monteverde's vibrant pizzeria and trattoria is an enclave of local flavor—from its excellent menu of fritti (fried starters), sfizi (delicious antipasti), and pizzas to its busy clientele. Owner Giancarlo Casa is a pizza perfectionist, and...
Via dei Giubbonari, 21/22, 00186 Roma RM, Italy
The Roscioli family, famous for their nearby bakery Antico Forno Roscioli, opened this restaurant/wine bar/gourmet shop in 2005. Book several days in advance for lunch or dinner and be sure to request a ground floor table near the back of the...
Via di S. Francesco a Ripa, 140A/B, 00153 Roma RM, Italy
If you want to meet the kindest cheesemonger in Rome, visit Roberto at Antica Caciara in the 'you-must-cross-the-Tiber' Trastevere section of town. Stock up on Pecorino Romano (that amazing hard grating cheese used in the standard Roman fare...
- 1 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 2 Air Travel These North American Airports Rank Best (and Worst) in Passenger Satisfaction
- 3 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 4 History + Culture Europe’s Lesser-Visited UNESCO Sites Are Easier Than Ever to Explore
- 5 Travel News Several High-Speed Train Routes Are Coming to the United States