Collected by Vicki Johnson
Via del Porrione, 33, 53100 Siena SI, Italy
One of the best places to eat in Siena lies a few minutes’ walk from historic Piazza del Campo and inhabits an atmospheric room lined with old glass and wood cabinets full of books and wine bottles. It may be informal, but the gourmet food is top...
Via Porta Giustizia, 39, 53100 Siena SI, Italy
This is Orto de Pecci, a green area in the back side of Piazza del Mercato. A place so close but yet so far from the noise of the city. When you arrive here along a gravel road as those you can see in the Chianti area it seems to be catapulted...
53024 Montalcino, Province of Siena, Italy
One recent trip through Tuscany I made the day trip from Siena to Montalcino and it was incredible. A small, historic little town, set up on a hill, Montalcino is of course famous for their red wine: brunello di montalcino. Stroll around, take...
53011 Fonterutoli, Province of Siena, Italy
The aristocratic Mazzei family has been making wine on this estate, immersed in typically rolling Chianti countryside near Castellina, since 1435. Today, you can visit the state-of-the-art cellars, taste the award-winning wines and sample the...
- 1 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 2 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 3 Air Travel New Aviation Bill Could Mean Even Smaller Airplane Seats
- 4 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 5 Travel News Spain Just Named This Small Town Its Most Beautiful Village