Collected by Ursula Bach
Piazza San Pietro, 00120 Città del Vaticano, Vatican City
One of my most memorable stops in Rome was of course the Piazza San Pietro and with it, the Basilica, and Vatican City. This huge square was laid in 1657 and holds the 400,000 worshippers and visitors who crowd this vast area in times of...
00186 Rome, Metropolitan City of Rome, Italy
The Roman Forum is where ancient Rome began. The sprawling archaeological park gives us just a hint of what the Roman Empire once was—a dominant and diverse society. The Forum itself was the political, social, religious, and commercial focal...
Via Quattro Novembre, 94, 00187 Roma RM, Italy
Walking up a steep hill behind Trajan's Forum and stopped to take a breath and looked up and saw this great No Enter sign. Took me completely by surprise. As a friend said: "No men carrying large white planks allowed ahead."
- 1 Air Travel Want a Free Volunteer Vacation? JetBlue Has Your Ticket
- 2 News and Openings 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 3 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys
- 4 Travel News New Zealand’s Most Beautiful Train Ride Is Reopening in December
- 5 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet