Collected by Ursula Bach
Piazza San Pietro, 00120 Città del Vaticano, Vatican City
One of my most memorable stops in Rome was of course the Piazza San Pietro and with it, the Basilica, and Vatican City. This huge square was laid in 1657 and holds the 400,000 worshippers and visitors who crowd this vast area in times of...
Largo della Salara Vecchia, 5/6, 00186 Roma RM, Italy
The Roman Forum is where ancient Rome began. The sprawling archaeological park gives us just a hint of what the Roman Empire once was—a dominant and diverse society. The Forum itself was the political, social, religious, and commercial focal...
Via Quattro Novembre, 94, 00187 Roma RM, Italy
Walking up a steep hill behind Trajan's Forum and stopped to take a breath and looked up and saw this great No Enter sign. Took me completely by surprise. As a friend said: "No men carrying large white planks allowed ahead."
- 1Restaurants + CafésThe Best Farm-to-Table Restaurants for a Fall Harvest Feast
- 2Travel NewsThe Best Meteor Shower of the Year Peaks This Weekend
- 3Gear8 New Books You Need to Read Before Flying to France
- 4MusicBeyond the French Quarter: Discovering New Orleans’s Downriver Delights
- 5Where to Go in FallAn Expert Guide to Working Remotely and Traveling the World