Collected by Jan shaw
Piazza del Duomo, 8, 53100 Siena SI, Italy
The floor of the Cathedral of Siena, 'the most beautiful... largest and magnificent... that ever was made' (Giorgio Vasari) worth a visit by sure, believe me! Every year I come back there when it is open, two months a year from the week after the...
53100 Siena, Province of Siena, Italy
It was a late summer night in Siena, and I happened to discover that the iron gate by the side of Basilica of San Domenico, which was firmly closed during the day time, was slightly open. I stepped inside and it led me to a Tuscan night view of my...
Via Camollia, 69, 53100 Siena SI, Italy
Try and catch the weekly market in Siena which is open every Wednesday from early in the morning till around 1.30 p.m. Lots of stands which sell all you can imagine and very cheap: clothes, shoes, bags, crafts, furnishings, linen, trinkets,...
- 1 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 2 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 3 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 4 Air Travel These North American Airports Rank Best (and Worst) in Passenger Satisfaction
- 5 Travel News Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna