Collected by Leonella Baudino
A small group of hermits seeking quietude for their spiritual practices founded Fonte Avellana in the 10th century. It grew over time becoming an important centre of the Benedictine monastic order. The monks made parchments from sheepskins and...
Piazza di Trevi, 00187 Roma RM, Italy
Fontana di Trevi is, as it should be, one of the most visited landmarks in Rome. Seeing it is worth the blind stumble through narrow stone streets and alleyways. But do so at night (and in the rain, if possible) to be rewarded with...
Via delle Terme Deciane, 10, 00153 Roma RM, Italy
Chef Daniela del Balzo takes students along on a typical Roman day: shopping at Testaccio market, cooking in her elegant home on the Aventine hill, and sitting down to a family-style lunch, the dishes paired with local wines. Reserve in advance.
44022 Comacchio FE, Italy
This eight-day cycling adventure will take you on backcountry roads through quaint, historic towns and spectacular countryside. Enjoy the freedom of being your own guide and setting your own pace. Start your journey in the magical floating city of...
Lungarno degli Archibusieri, 8/r, 50122 Firenze FI, Italy
There are few better places from which to enjoy river views and sunsets than the Ponte Vecchio, built in 1345. Spanning the Arno's narrowest point, this is the only bridge to have survived the German bombing of the city in 1944. There have always...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 4 Museums + Galleries Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna
- 5 Where to Go in Fall Plan Your Fall Getaway With This Peak Foliage Prediction Map