Collected by Clare Kubota
01030 Calcata Vecchia VT, Italy
Abandoned in the 1960s for fear its cliffs were crumbling, Calcata, Italy was discovered by hippies and artists soon after and today, the "paese dei fricchettone," is still made up of the same "freaks." I lived in Calcata, wedged between Tuscany...
Macerata, Province of Macerata, Italy
When in Umbria's large national park, take a donkey ride to help ease the stress of a long hike. Not only will you be able to observe endangered wildlife like birds and wolves in comfort, but you'll feel like you're the only person on the planet...
Via della Rocca, 06081 Assisi PG, Italy
Around this time last year I made a trip to Assisi that still stands out as one of the best days of my seven months in Italy. It was a beautiful fall day in Assisi and my friends and I filled it by visiting the town's major churches, watching...
Localita' S. Antimo, 222, 53024 Castelnuovo dell'Abate SI, Italy
Clad in white robes tied at the waist with cords, the handful of monks enter solemnly into the small ancient abbey and take their places in the choir pews. I closed my eyes and listened to harmonies fill the stone space. At the Sant'Antimo Abbey...
- 1 History + Culture Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 2 Hiking + Cycling 6 Dream Hikes in the United States (and How to Score the Permits)
- 3 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign
- 4 Travel News A Rare Super Blood Wolf Moon Will Be Visible Over America This Weekend
- 5 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico