Collected by Sarah Reid Carlson
Rio Terrà Foscarini, 979A, 30123 Dorsoduro, Venezia VE, Italy
Overlooking a postcard-perfect Venetian street (a former canal, now paved over) in the artistic Dorsoduro district, this 500-year-old merchant’s townhouse has been revamped as the boutique hotel Ca’Pisani. Behind the traditional...
Piscina S. Moise, 1459, 30124 Venezia VE, Italy
Gothic and grand, this 18th-century former nobleman’s home stands proudly on the banks of the Grand Canal in the San Marco district. Venetian-born owner and interior designer (among her many talents) Francesca Possati has restored this...
Calle dei Bergamaschi, 2283, 30124 San Marco, Venezia VE, Italy
The Hotel Flora is an ivy-clad 17th-century palazzo tucked down a narrow alleyway in San Marco. It’s hidden from the crowds, but still an easy stroll to the buzz of San Marco Palazzo and the Grand Canal. Like all grand Venetian homes,...
Calle dei Fabbri, 929, 30124 Venezia VE, Italy
The venue might be a little garish, and the location is almost always a nightmare to visit in the high season. But this gelateria has its merits. Some of its unusual flavors like Sacher Torte, are major stand outs in the Pantheon of gelato...
Via S. Raffaele, 3, 20121 Milano MI, Italy
Don’t be fooled by the slightly traditional stone facade; behind it lies one of Italy’s most avant-garde hotels. Built with deliberately bold materials—slate, brass, iron, concrete—the 4-star hotel draws a fashionable...
- 1 Hiking + Cycling 6 Dream Hikes in the United States (and How to Score the Permits)
- 2 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico
- 3 Travel News Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 4 Gear The Best Luggage for 2019
- 5 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign