Italy 2014 - Verona
Collected by Diane Carlson
Items to check out...
Piazza Erbe, 28, 37121 Verona VR, Italy
A 500 year old hanging whale bone that will supposedly only fall when a man who has never told a lie walks beneath it marks the entrance to the Piazza Erbe, where there is a large outdoor market selling everything from food to crafts.
Via della Costa, 1, 37121 Verona VR, Italy
View from the highest building in Verona. You can walk or take the elevator for beautiful views of the red tile roofs of Verona. You can see the tower from all over the city but the real attraction is what you see from the tower. Entrance is just...
Corso Castelvecchio, 2, 37121 Verona VR, Italy
As a westerner I had a hard time remembering and overcoming the fact that in Italy you can buy a bottle of delicious Bardolino red for 3 Euros, head to your nearest church steps or attraction of choice, and close the evening in the company of...
Piazza Vescovado, 37121 Verona VR, Italy
This was built in the 1100's, and there are two other churches connected to it that were built in the 9th century and 12th century. Music is often playing inside the church, which makes it a peaceful resting spot as you go through Verona.
- 1 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 2 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 3 Air Travel These North American Airports Rank Best (and Worst) in Passenger Satisfaction
- 4 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 5 Where to Go in Fall 11 Fall Foliage Train Rides to Book Right Now