Italy 2014 - Verona
Collected by Diane Carlson
Items to check out...
Piazza Erbe, 28, 37121 Verona VR, Italy
A 500 year old hanging whale bone that will supposedly only fall when a man who has never told a lie walks beneath it marks the entrance to the Piazza Erbe, where there is a large outdoor market selling everything from food to crafts.
Via della Costa, 1, 37121 Verona VR, Italy
View from the highest building in Verona. You can walk or take the elevator for beautiful views of the red tile roofs of Verona. You can see the tower from all over the city but the real attraction is what you see from the tower. Entrance is just...
Corso Castelvecchio, 2, 37121 Verona VR, Italy
As a westerner I had a hard time remembering and overcoming the fact that in Italy you can buy a bottle of delicious Bardolino red for 3 Euros, head to your nearest church steps or attraction of choice, and close the evening in the company of...
Piazza Vescovado, 37121 Verona VR, Italy
This was built in the 1100's, and there are two other churches connected to it that were built in the 9th century and 12th century. Music is often playing inside the church, which makes it a peaceful resting spot as you go through Verona.
- 1 History + Culture Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 2 Hiking + Cycling 6 Dream Hikes in the United States (and How to Score the Permits)
- 3 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico
- 4 Gear The Best Luggage for 2019
- 5 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign