Collected by Gina Baxter
The other side of Italy...
55047 Malbacco LU, Italy
Halfway between tourist hot spots Cinque Terre and Pisa, Malbacco's freshwater ponds are Tuscany's best-kept secret. Shaded by towering pines and refreshed by cool mountain stream waters, this series of ponds is a welcome respite from the hottest...
70044 Polignano a Mare, Metropolitan City of Bari, Italy
If narrow winding streets, lethargic cafes, and warm salt air rumble through your dreams, than Polignano should be in your plans. This seaside town on Italy's southern Adriatic shores is remarkable in every sense. Perhaps its best feature is that...
70011 Alberobello BA, Italy
Lured by the promise of an off-the-beaten-path UNESCO World Heritage site, I ventured to southern Italy to see the magical trulli houses in Alberobello. And I was enchanted. Back in the 1600s, these limestone houses were built without mortar so...
Vocabolo Cascata, 05100 Marmore TR, Italy
When near Terni, stop by this man made waterfall created by the ancient Romans. The controlled water flow is used to power the surrounding area so best to arrive in the early morning when the falls are at their most powerful.
- 1 Travel News This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Art + Culture 9 Things That Are Surprisingly Offensive in Asia
- 3 Natural Wonders The Brightest Meteor Shower of the Year Is Happening This Week
- 4 Travel News You Can Pay to Attend a Traditional Wedding in India
- 5 Photography Tips The Key to Taking Jaw-Dropping Outdoor Travel Photos