Collected by Abigail Harper
Naples, Metropolitan City of Naples, Italy
While traveling through Naples, Italy, a local friend took me to one of his favorite hidden spots: an ancient cavern containing the bones of thousands of poor people and those who succumbed to major epidemics. Locals believe that the skulls have...
Via della Spiga, 2, 20121 Milano MI, Italy
Milan is home to some of the finest designer boutiques in the world. The best ones (and the best-dressed locals) cluster around Via Montenapoleone and Via della Spiga. Many shoppers go straight to Spiga 2, Dolce & Gabbana’s 2-year-old incubator...
Sestiere di Dorsoduro, 30100 Venezia VE, Italy
Despite warnings from the naysayers, the weather on my November trip to Venice was beautiful: bright, sunny, and warm enough to require only a light sweater. As evening, rolled in though, fog came with it, casting a shroud over the church across...
Florence, Metropolitan City of Florence, Italy
I saw this exquisite chalk drawing of Leonardo da Vinci's Lady With An Ermine on the ground in one of the main plazas in Firenze. It started drizzling and I just had to take this photo before the rain washed it away!
- 1 History + Culture Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 2 Travel News A Rare Super Blood Wolf Moon Will Be Visible Over America This Weekend
- 3 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign
- 4 Packing Tips How to Pack a Suitcase
- 5 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico