Collected by Abigail Harper
Naples, Metropolitan City of Naples, Italy
While traveling through Naples, Italy, a local friend took me to one of his favorite hidden spots: an ancient cavern containing the bones of thousands of poor people and those who succumbed to major epidemics. Locals believe that the skulls have...
Via della Spiga, 2, 20121 Milano MI, Italy
Milan is home to some of the finest designer boutiques in the world. The best ones (and the best-dressed locals) cluster around Via Montenapoleone and Via della Spiga. Many shoppers go straight to Spiga 2, Dolce & Gabbana’s 2-year-old incubator...
Sestiere di Dorsoduro, 30100 Venezia VE, Italy
Venice is expensive, this is true, but there are many ways to get around the tourist and sucker cruise-ship pricing. You don't even need a table (or cutlery). Around Italy are grocery store chains called "Pam," and of course your local markets....
Florence, Metropolitan City of Florence, Italy
I saw this exquisite chalk drawing of Leonardo da Vinci's Lady With An Ermine on the ground in one of the main plazas in Firenze. It started drizzling and I just had to take this photo before the rain washed it away!
Venice, Metropolitan City of Venice, Italy
The Grand Canal is the no-brainer must-do Venice experience, and the best way to explore the city's main thoroughfare is on a vaporetto, or water bus. For a great introduction to the area, ride the vaporetto from the railway station, at the edge...
- 1Restaurants + CafésThe Best Farm-to-Table Restaurants for a Fall Harvest Feast
- 2Travel NewsThe Best Meteor Shower of the Year Peaks This Weekend
- 3Gear8 New Books You Need to Read Before Flying to France
- 4MusicBeyond the French Quarter: Discovering New Orleans’s Downriver Delights
- 5Where to Go in FallAn Expert Guide to Working Remotely and Traveling the World