Collected by Heather MacDonald
06081 Assisi, Province of Perugia, Italy
Best known as the birthplace of St. Francis, Italy's patron saint, the historic town of Assisi is a must-see on any trip through Umbria. Assisi is beautiful in so many ways, from its well-known Basilica of San Francesco (the burial place of St....
Piazza Duomo, 1, 52100 Arezzo AR, Italy
While you won't hear it talked about quite as often as many of the other Cathedrals in the area, the Cattedral di San Donato is well worth a visit. It has a vast interior with a beautifully ornate series of murals on the ceiling. It is also home...
Piazza Grande, 52100 Arezzo AR, Italy
Once a month, Arezzo plays host to an antiques fair that is centered in the Piazza Grande and branches out into the adjacent streets, seemingly engulfing most of the small town. I enjoyed looking at the old furniture, jewelry, and books for sale,...
Via della Rocca, 06081 Assisi PG, Italy
For a view of the Medieval town of Assisi (birthplace of Saint Francis of Assisi), hike up to Rocca Maggiore. The old castle, which dates back to 1174 or earlier. You can go inside and climb the tower to the top, but if you're on short on time...
06038 Spello PG, Italy
The Spellani claim that their olive oil is the best in the world. The hills that surround the town are the perfect elevation, and perhaps their trees are just charmed, but one thing is for sure—the people of Spello sure love their olive oil. They...
- 1 Air Travel French Bee Just Made It Much Cheaper to Fly to Paris From New York
- 2 Travel News Anthony Bourdain’s Possessions Will Be Auctioned to Fund New Study Abroad Scholarship
- 3 Where to Go in Fall Plan Your Fall Getaway With This Peak Foliage Prediction Map
- 4 Books 15 Amazing Books That Inspire Us to Travel
- 5 Where to Go in Fall The Largest Monet Exhibition in 20 Years Is Now Open at 1 U.S. Museum