Collected by Kate Hovey Hornsby , AFAR Contributor
Kemankeş Karamustafa Paşa Mahallesi, Hamam Sk. No:1, 34425 Beyoğlu/İstanbul, Turkey
Enjoying a hammam experience while traveling in Istanbul was at the top of my list, but it was hard to choose where to soak! After all, the ritual of Turkish bathing wasn't one I was willing to just "leap" into; after stripping down to their bare...
Kuruçeşme, Kuruçeşme Mahallesi, Serdivan/Sakarya, Turkey
Turkish delight, or lokum as it is called in Turkish, has a long history as a treat, dating back to at least the end of the eighteenth century and once a prized gift among the nobles of Europe. Turkish delight may have declined in popularity (at...
Route de Bagnols-en-Forêt, 83440 Tourrettes, France
From the ageless towns of the Luberon, Shelby will take you next to the age-old wonder of the Verdon River, a striking blue stretch of water that has carved a vast ravine into the rugged landscape. Along the stretch between Castellane and...
- 1 Travel News The World’s Happiest Country Is All About Reading, Coffee, and Saunas
- 2 Travel News “Unbearable” Crowds Force California Town to Restrict Access to Poppy Bloom
- 3 Travel News What Travelers Need to Know About the Ongoing Paris Riots
- 4 Natural Wonders California Wildflowers: Where and When to Find Them During the Super Bloom
- 5 Travel News Brazil Eliminates Visa Requirements for U.S. Travelers