Collected by Ilana Baron
Gümüşsuyu Mahallesi, 34437 Beyoğlu/Istanbul, Turkey
Warm, fragrant, and filling, these borek are typical Turkish quick eats. They can be stuffed with either ground spiced meat (occasionally with black currents and/or pine nuts) or a cheese and parsley mix. They are enjoyed best fresh out of the...
Bereketzade Mahallesi, Galata Kulesi Sok., 34421 Beyoğlu/İstanbul, Turkey
The Galata Tower is one of Istanbul's most striking landmarks. The nine-story stone tower offers a panoramic vista of Old Istanbul and its environs. Save Galata for the end of the day, timing it so that you reach the top just in time for sunset...
Sinanpaşa Mahallesi, Köyiçi Meydanı Sk., 34353 Beşiktaş/İstanbul, Turkey
One of my favorite foods in Turkey (and there are many) is a serving of fresh kaymak clotted cream, drizzled with honey, and spread on bread. You can buy it in the supermarket or find it in some breakfast spots, but everyone's favorite is Pando in...
Vişnezade Mahallesi, Dolmabahçe Cd., 34357 Beşiktaş/İstanbul, Turkey
This decadent palace, which overlooks the Bosphorus from the European side, holds great importance to Turkey. The late-19th-century sultans resided here and ruled the Ottoman Empire from here, and while the Turkish Republic's capital is in Ankara,...
- 1Travel TipsHow to Plan the Perfect Group Trip (Without the Stress)
- 2Travel NewsAustria’s New James Bond Museum Is a Spectacular Secret Lair High in the Alps
- 3PhotographySweden’s Magical Midsommar Festival Is Straight out of a Fairy Tale
- 4Luxury AdventureHow to Glamp Under the Midnight Sun in Norway This Summer
- 5National ParksYosemite’s Giant Sequoia Grove Reopens After Nearly Three Years