Collected by Eric Michaelson
Montefiore St 36, Tel Aviv-Yafo, Israel
Though it sits squarely in Tel Aviv’s Lev Ha’ir (the heart of the city), Hotel Montefiore feels almost hidden away, not least because of the fact that greenery shrouds much of the restored 1922 mansion. Gaze out the window of the lobby...
HaCarmel St 11, Tel Aviv-Yafo, Israel
If you are on the hunt for a great local market, definitely head to Carmel's open-air market. Sample some of Israel's local delicacies and splurge on candies and other desserts. From my experience the vendors are friendly and don't pressure you to...
Beit Eshel St 3, Tel Aviv-Yafo, Israel
While wandering around Jaffa, one of the oldest settlements in the world and now connected to Tel Aviv, I stumbled upon a restaurant called Dr. Shakshuka. The specialty is--wait for it--shakshuka, a concoction of poached eggs, tomato, onion,...
Tel Aviv-Yafo, Israel
The flea market in Jaffa Tel Aviv is a great area to find some great antiques, steals and deals, but also to enjoy great restaurants and cafes which 'adopt' the Vintage Retro chic to their interior design, menus and atmosphere. One of the places I...
Ha-Dolfin St 1, Tel Aviv-Yafo, Israel
The original patriarch of this outfit sold hummus from a pushcart before opening the shop more than 40 years ago. His descendants make two or three big batches every day, which they serve from 8 a.m. until they run out. 1 Dolphin St., Jaffa,...
- 1History + CultureThe Tea Capital of Europe Isn’t Where You Think It Is
- 2Gear8 New Books You Need to Read Before Flying to France
- 3History + CultureIntimate Portraits of Women Who Live as Men in Remote Albania
- 4Where to Go in FallAn Expert Guide to Working Remotely and Traveling the World
- 5MusicBeyond the French Quarter: Discovering New Orleans’s Downriver Delights