Collected by Denys van Kempen
Ardbeg, Isle of Islay PA42 7EA, UK
My first morning on Islay when I woke up in Port Ellen very early it was still dark and dead silent outside. After a ninety minute walk I arrived to Ardbeg Distillery. The sun was rising beautifully behind it's pagodas. A morning I will never...
A847, Bruichladdich, Isle of Islay PA49 7UN, UK
I went to Scotland to investigate the whisky-obsessed country's newfound appreciation for gin. But it turns out that the spate of new Scottish gins is actually related to whisky. I sat down with Bruichladdich's Master Distiller, Jim McEwan to talk...
My last day on Islay I discovered the village of picturesque Portnahaven and it's beautiful church with two doors... Left door is for the people of Portnahaven and the right door is for the people of Port Wemyss, their neighbor village...
- 1 Winter Sports This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Art + Culture 9 Things That Are Surprisingly Offensive in Asia
- 3 Photography Tips The Key to Taking Jaw-Dropping Outdoor Travel Photos
- 4 Luxury Cruises A Titanic Replica Could Set Sail in 2022
- 5 Exceptional Travel Experiences The Ideal Iceland May Only Exist in Your Mind