Island Libations on Maui
Collected by Andrea Rip , AFAR Local Expert
2525 Kaanapali Pkwy, Lahaina, HI 96761, USA
In an island area of West Maui that draws many transplants and seasonal employees, Dale Simonson’s longevity at 40 years behind a bar is amazing. But top that with his expertise at making tropical drinks and his friendly attitude and the Tiki Bar...
658 Wharf St, Lahaina, HI 96761, USA
Although it might look like another tourist town, Lahaina during the 19th-century was the Wild West of the Pacific. Despite the fact that Christian missionaries managed to convert the royalty, this teeming port town of whalers and seamen was...
744 Front St, Lahaina, HI 96761, USA
Ever since the 1800s, Lahaina has been a boisterous port town full of grog shops and places to imbibe. The same can be said for Lahaina today, although, of all the bars that pepper the town, only one has tables set out on the rooftop and a wine...
2435 Kaanapali Pkwy, Lahaina, HI 96761, USA
Hula Grill is located on Ka'anapali Beach at Whalers Village, a cute little shopping area within walking distance of several luxury hotels and condominiums. For the most part, the menu prices are fairly reasonable. Naturally, fish dishes are on...
130 Kai Malina Pkwy, Lahaina, HI 96761, USA
I like to drink where I sleep. A sunset cocktail, a nice dinner, perhaps a stroll along the beach and I am ready for bed and the next day’s adventure in paradise. I also like accommodations on the ocean that are fully equipped and feel like a...
- 1 Air Travel Another U.S. Airport Now Allows Non-Ticketed Visitors Through Security
- 2 Restaurants + Cafés This Bistro Was Just Voted the Best New Restaurant in the United States
- 3 Travel News Tour Guides Will Soon Be Restricted at Two Popular NYC Sites
- 4 Travel Tips Temples, Tipping, and Train Rides: A Guide to Japan for First-Timers
- 5 Where to Go in Spring 10 Best Places to Travel in May