Island Deep Dive: 8 Ways to Experience the Real Jamaica
Collected by Afar Magazine
Port Antonio, Jamaica
For those who aspire to travel as trendsetters in Jamaica, it helps to know that Port Antonio, way out on the eastern end of the island, is the destination to head for. And the address to shelter at is the Trident Hotel, whose 13 waterfront villas...
Thatch Hill Rd, Ocho Rios, Jamaica
With a 20-foot waterfall, a deep turquoise pool, and underwater caves, the Irie Blue Hole is a special find. You’ll need to hire a guide in nearby Ocho Rios to bring you up the mountain to explore this off-the-beaten-track place, but...
The newly reopened and family-run Irie River Park is a stunning 103 acres of rainforest, flowers, and gardens with pimento and ackee trees, through which a jade river and small waterfall flow. It's a dreamy spot for a daytime swim and picnic...
John Pringle Drive, Montego Bay, Jamaica
On the still-bucolic site of a former coconut plantation just west of Montego Bay, Round Hill is another of the legendary hotels created in the early 1950s to accommodate wealthy Brits and Americans who were discovering the pleasures of a Jamaican...
- 1 Travel News The World’s Happiest Country Is All About Reading, Coffee, and Saunas
- 2 Natural Wonders “Unbearable” Crowds Force California Town to Restrict Access to Poppy Bloom
- 3 Travel News What Travelers Need to Know About the Ongoing Paris Riots
- 4 Natural Wonders California Wildflowers: Where and When to Find Them During the Super Bloom
- 5 Travel News Brazil Eliminates Visa Requirements for U.S. Travelers