Collected by Isa Tousignant, AFAR Local Expert
Isa Tousignant′s Wishlist
150 Elgin St #1405, Ottawa, ON K2P 1L4, Canada
766 Rue Kirouac, Québec, QC G1N 2J4, Canada
For a real taste of Canada’s European past, a day trip to Quebec City, three hours away from Montreal, is de rigueur – it’s like Old Montreal times a thousand. The ancient architecture mixes seamlessly with contemporary life, and thanks to its...
Laurentian Mountains, Lac-Pikauba, QC G0A, Canada
You know that clichéd image of Canadians with checked wool shirts, folded tuques and long scruffy bears? That still exists in the Laurentians – or, at least, many people still enjoy affecting the woodsman style there, whether they’re locals or...
5104 Boul Bourque, Sherbrooke, QC J1N 2K7, Canada
Full of flat farmland and soft rolling hills that at times recall landscapes from New England or even the U.K. (ergo the vastly Anglophone vacation set that owns cottages in the area), the Eastern Townships spread out south-eastward from Montreal...
- 1 Travel News This Tiny Country Is Europe’s Fastest Growing Destination
- 2 Expat Life 11 Best Islands to Move to After Retiring
- 3 Exceptional Travel Experiences Thailand Wants to Pay You to Travel the Country Like a Local
- 4 Where to Go in Winter The Sweetest Small Towns in the U.S. to Visit This Winter
- 5 History + Culture 7 UNESCO World Heritage Sites You Need to Visit This Winter