Collected by Jayne Buckley Sykes
Brannock Island East, Co. Galway, Ireland
As a day tripper to the Aran Island of Inis Mor (Inishmore) on a bright and sunny day in September, it’s easy to see all that is right and good in a place. And that’s the gratification of travel to beautiful and exotic places like the rocky west...
Vicarstown (Cosby), Vicarstown, Co. Laois, Ireland
When my husband told me about spending a week on a barge traveling the Grand Canal in Ireland, I couldn't have been more excited, already imagining how beautiful and peaceful—not to mention unique—the experience would be. Not a soul around at...
Inishmore, Co. Galway, Ireland
Set just a short ferry ride off of the Galway coast of Ireland, the Aran Islands are one of the last outposts where Irish is the language you'll find spoken on the streets. Most of the 1,200 residents work as commercial fisherman or make sweaters...
Tully Beg, Co. Galway, Ireland
Connemara's jagged coastline shows the juxtaposition of vulnerability and strength at every turn. This home didn't fare well against the harsh elements, but its walls remain unyielding. The cool Atlantic winds are saturated with salt, and so are...
Carrer de les Caputxes, 10, 08003 Barcelona, Spain
Our hotel was a few feet away from Bubó chocolate and pastry shop and we must've stopped there about 5 or 6 different times while staying in Barcelona. The desserts are outstanding and the chocolate covered salted macadamia nuts make a perfectly...
- 1 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 2 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 3 News and Openings 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 4 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys
- 5 Travel News New Zealand’s Most Beautiful Train Ride Is Reopening in December