Collected by Jess Moulden
Newgrange, Donore, Co. Meath, Ireland
Older than both Stonehenge and the pyramids of Egypt, the monument at Newgrange was built around 3,200 B.C.E. Its use is a mystery, although it was most likely a place of worship, and there are legends that it was used as a burial chamber. The...
Brockagh, Co. Wicklow, Ireland
While I'm usually not a fan of organized tours, our quick trip to Dublin had me looking for the most efficient way to see some of the Irish countryside without the luxury of time to explore too far outside of the city. Enter Wild Wicklow Tours. We...
Termon, The Warren, Co. Roscommon, Ireland
When we arrived at the passage tombs at Carrowkeel, the skies above Boyle, Ireland were gray and there was a light misting rain. We had the remote hillside to ourselves, and spent a quiet afternoon exploring many of the 14 Neolithic cairns, which...
Castle St, Trim, Co. Meath, C15FCY8, Ireland
Trim by name, not by nature, for this sprawling mass of old masonry known as Trim Castle cries out for Hugh de Lacy, its original owner, to come back from the grave and set things right. One of its modern claims to fame is that it appeared in the...
Kildare St, Dublin 2, Ireland
The National Museum of Ireland is free to enter and is spread across four sites in Dublin, covering archaeology, decorative arts and history, country life, and natural history. The archaeology museum is in an imposing building of columns, vaulted...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 4 Museums + Galleries Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna
- 5 Bars + Nightlife The Best Rooftop Bars in Los Angeles