Collected by Gillian Farrell
Rosroe, Co. Galway, Ireland
No, this is not a mistake, I am not writing about Norway. Quickly defined, a fjord is a very deep and narrow inlet originally formed by glacial movement, which can be identified by steep cliffs or mountains flanking either side. The Killary Fjord...
Tully Beg, Co. Galway, Ireland
Connemara's jagged coastline shows the juxtaposition of vulnerability and strength at every turn. This home didn't fare well against the harsh elements, but its walls remain unyielding. The cool Atlantic winds are saturated with salt, and so are...
- 1History + CultureThe Tea Capital of Europe Isn’t Where You Think It Is
- 2Hiking + Cycling6 Awesome Hiking Apps for Adventurous Travelers
- 3Gear8 New Books You Need to Read Before Flying to France
- 4History + CultureIntimate Portraits of Women Who Live as Men in Remote Albania
- 5MusicBeyond the French Quarter: Discovering New Orleans’s Downriver Delights