Collected by Sophie A
1 Baile Na Gleanna, Inisheer, Co. Galway, Ireland
Inisheer (also called "Inis Oirr") is the smallest of the three Aran Islands, off the coast of Galway, Ireland. Before I went I was told by an Irish friend that it has a spiritual quality to it and it does: the quiet (that you can literally feel),...
Lislorkan North, Liscannor, Co. Clare, Ireland
On the Clare coast, not far from Ennis is O’Brien’s Tower built in 1835 by Sir Cornellius O’Brien to mark the highest point of the Cliffs of Moher and as some stories have it, to serve as an observation tower for Victorian tourists. The climb is...
2 Church St, Knockaunroe, Corofin, Co. Clare, V95 T9V6, Ireland
Ireland tugs at the heart strings. It is everything you could imagine - and more. I have been there 4 times and love it. Of course, I might be partial since I have a good friend who lives there. She got married in 2009 in this tiny, gorgeous...
Gurteen North, Annascaul, Co. Kerry, Ireland
Traipsing through the Dingle Peninsula gives you plenty of moments to reflect on life as it used to be and the many people that have gone before us. On a self guided hiking trip arranged through Southwest Walks Ireland, we had left our lodging in...
Adare, Co. Limerick, V94 W8WR, Ireland
This castle was erected with an ancient ring-fort, around the early part of the 13th century. It became a strategic fortress during the following turbulent years. It was the property of the Earls of Kildare for nearly 300 years until the rebellion...
- 1 History + Culture Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 2 Hiking + Cycling 6 Dream Hikes in the United States (and How to Score the Permits)
- 3 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico
- 4 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign
- 5 Gear The Best Luggage for 2019