Collected by Sharon Hunter
Twilfit House Jervis St, North City, Dublin, Ireland
With its tumultuous history, the Irish often had nothing but stories, tales, and conversations to carry their legacies forward. The tradition of magic, wonder, and imagination has been a gift passed from one generation to the next. As evident in...
Newtown, Ballyvaughan, Co. Clare, Ireland
The Waters Country House is hidden down a long drive deep in the heart of Ireland's wild and wonderful Burren in County Clare. Only a tiny sign nailed to the tree on a side road points the way to one of the most welcoming retreats to be had in...
Derrybawn, Glendalough, Co. Wicklow, Ireland
Reaching 30 meters into the sky, the Irish round tower at Glendalough, or the valley of two lakes, dates back to the time of Saint Kevin. After visiting the monastic sites, I climbed to the top of the valley for a heavenly view of the historic...
Shanagarry, Midleton, Co. Cork, Ireland
Ballymaloe originated as a Norman castle in the mid 15th century. Today, the 400-acre estate, 20 miles from the city of Cork, is home to a superb farm-to-table restaurant and a variety of guest rooms and cottages. For the past 30 years, the Allen...
Kylemore Abbey, Pollacappul, Connemara, Co. Galway, Ireland
Galway has to be my favorite of counties, driving through Connemara to get to Kylemore Abbey was such a delight. And once we got there I was amazed but the beauty of the architecture. Very happy we decided to do the drive from Dublin, the drive...
- 1 History + Culture Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 2 Hiking + Cycling 6 Dream Hikes in the United States (and How to Score the Permits)
- 3 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico
- 4 Gear The Best Luggage for 2019
- 5 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign