Collected by Lark Randall
Newgrange, Donore, Co. Meath, Ireland
Older than both Stonehenge and the pyramids of Egypt, the monument at Newgrange was built around 3,200 B.C.E. Its use is a mystery, although it was most likely a place of worship, and there are legends that it was used as a burial chamber. The...
Malahide Demesne, Malahide, Co. Dublin, Ireland
A short train ride from Dublin, spend a day at Malahide Castle and Gardens wandering its wide open green spaces (260 acres). The Castle tour is short, but the information about the Talbot family, and the Castle's ghosts is pretty entertaining....
Carton Demesne, Maynooth, Co. Kildare, W23 PE02, Ireland
If you find yourself in Dublin and want to venture to the countryside, try the Carton House Hotel. Carton House, a 17th-century mansion in Maynooth, Ireland, was formerly the home of the Earl of Kildare. The estate includes the original stone...
- 1 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 2 Air Travel Want a Free Volunteer Vacation? JetBlue Has Your Ticket
- 3 News and Openings 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 4 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys
- 5 Travel News New Zealand’s Most Beautiful Train Ride Is Reopening in December