Collected by Tona Brickner
Adare, Co. Limerick, V94 W8WR, Ireland
This castle was erected with an ancient ring-fort, around the early part of the 13th century. It became a strategic fortress during the following turbulent years. It was the property of the Earls of Kildare for nearly 300 years until the rebellion...
Castleholding, Co. Tipperary, Ireland
I had long been enamored of the stories swirling around the eerie Leap Castle in County Offaly. Notorious for being the most haunted castle in Ireland, Leap looms out of the rolling countryside, a crooked finger gesticulating at a leaden sky,...
The Walk, Kinnitty, Co. Offaly, Ireland
Ireland is filled with visual sites that inspire thinking about other times. A recent return trip from Limerick to Dublin Airport had me leaving the M-7 Motorway at Roscrea and traveling some fine slower moving roads through the Slieve Bloom...
Gurteen North, Annascaul, Co. Kerry, Ireland
Traipsing through the Dingle Peninsula gives you plenty of moments to reflect on life as it used to be and the many people that have gone before us. On a self guided hiking trip arranged through Southwest Walks Ireland, we had left our lodging in...
Castle St, Cloonbrackna, Roscommon, Ireland
There aren't many places where a short stroll through town will bring you to a park with its very own large castle! But that is exactly what you will find if you walk Roscommon Town's Castle Road & turn down Castle Lane. Built in the 12th century,...
- 1 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 2 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 3 Air Travel These North American Airports Rank Best (and Worst) in Passenger Satisfaction
- 4 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 5 Travel News Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna