Collected by Sarah Morgan
Derrygarve More, Ard Na Mara, Co. Mayo, Ireland
County Mayo is one of the most beautiful places in Ireland. Untouristed (outside of Westport), there are lots of places to get lost for a while. My Irish friend, Aedín, drove down this road as we headed toward the coast. The scene before me was a...
Lislorkan North, Liscannor, Co. Clare, Ireland
On the Clare coast, not far from Ennis is O’Brien’s Tower built in 1835 by Sir Cornellius O’Brien to mark the highest point of the Cliffs of Moher and as some stories have it, to serve as an observation tower for Victorian tourists. The climb is...
Dingle, Co. Kerry, Ireland
Driving around the Dingle Peninsula in September was awesome. There were very few people. It was a great place to stop, get out of the car and meditate on the stunning scenery: the stormy, grey Atlantic Ocean; the rocky islands in the distance;...
27-28 Dawson St, Dublin, Co. Dublin City, Ireland
A paradise of collectible and contemporary spirits awaits the serious whiskey connoisseur. The stock here includes a single malt from the tiny island of Inish Turk Beg, in handblown bottles (pictured), and an exclusive Connemara bottling aged in a...
Inishmore, Co. Galway, Ireland
Set just a short ferry ride off of the Galway coast of Ireland, the Aran Islands are one of the last outposts where Irish is the language you'll find spoken on the streets. Most of the 1,200 residents work as commercial fisherman or make sweaters...
40 Lower Ormond Quay, North City, Dublin 1, D01 R9Y5, Ireland
The best meal I had in all of Ireland was at the Winding Stair in Dublin. A clean but eclectic space, the food here is a modern interpretation of traditional Irish dishes made with the best ingredients. Everything is fresh and locally sourced....
- 1 History + Culture Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 2 Hiking + Cycling 6 Dream Hikes in the United States (and How to Score the Permits)
- 3 Natural Wonders A Rare Super Blood Wolf Moon Will Be Visible Over America This Weekend
- 4 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign
- 5 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico