Iran, Oman, Qatar
Collected by Maggie Hunt
Al Souq, Doha, Qatar
Souq Waqif is one of the top tourist destinations in Doha and one of the most traditional markets in the region. A hundred years ago, this was the place where the Bedouins traded livestock, spices and general goods, but now, the old souq has been...
The cafe serves healthy and delicious french style food fused with middle eastern flair. I may not be a purist, but fusion food to me is the epitome of creativeness and experimentation. It’s what cooking is all about. Their meals are the reason I...
Isfahan Province, Isfahan, Vank Church Alley, Iran
You might be surprised to find a Christian church in Iran. But I learned that several Christian enclaves exist peacefully inside the Islamic Republic of Iran. The Vank Cathedral in the Jolfa Armenian quarter of Isfahan is a gorgeous fusion of...
Shiraz, Fars Province, Iran
In a country full of gorgeous mosques, one of the most delightful is this small one in Shiraz, Nasir-al-Molk. Its size doesn’t diminish its splendor. With richly woven carpets made and donated by members of the mosque, some of whom spent years...
- 1 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 2 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 3 Air Travel These North American Airports Rank Best (and Worst) in Passenger Satisfaction
- 4 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 5 Where to Go in Fall 11 Fall Foliage Train Rides to Book Right Now