Iran, Oman, Qatar
Collected by Maggie Hunt
Al Souq, Doha, Qatar
Souq Waqif is one of the top tourist destinations in Doha and one of the most traditional markets in the region. A hundred years ago, this was the place where the Bedouins traded livestock, spices and general goods, but now, the old souq has been...
The cafe serves healthy and delicious french style food fused with middle eastern flair. I may not be a purist, but fusion food to me is the epitome of creativeness and experimentation. It’s what cooking is all about. Their meals are the reason I...
Tehran, تهران Ferdowsi Avenue 198 11316، 91144, Iran
Iran may be one of the most misunderstood countries in the world. While this ancient civilization—and the region as a whole—is undeniably going through a period of turmoil and change, the sensationalist newspaper headlines and...
Isfahan Province, Isfahan, Vank Church Alley, Iran
You might be surprised to find a Christian church in Iran. But I learned that several Christian enclaves exist peacefully inside the Islamic Republic of Iran. The Vank Cathedral in the Jolfa Armenian quarter of Isfahan is a gorgeous fusion of...
Shiraz, Fars Province, Iran
In a country full of gorgeous mosques, one of the most delightful is this small one in Shiraz, Nasir-al-Molk. Its size doesn’t diminish its splendor. With richly woven carpets made and donated by members of the mosque, some of whom spent years...
- 1 Air Travel Emirates Has $799 Flights for Two This Valentine’s Day—but You’ll Have to Act Fast
- 2 Travel Tips The World’s Coolest Travel Jobs—and How to Get Them
- 3 Packing Tips How to Apply Marie Kondo’s Life-Changing Magic to Packing
- 4 National Parks The Ideal Road Trip Through U.S. Canyon Country
- 5 Travel News Choo-Choo Choose This Last-Minute Amtrak Sale for a Valentine’s Day Gift