Collected by Lauren Nickell
140 W Washington St, Iowa City, IA 52240, USA
I teach a course on cryptography, and one of the highlights of that course is the James Sanborn sculpture Kryptos that sits at CIA headquarters in Langley, Virginia. Sanborn created Kryptos as a meditation on secrecy, and it features four...
508 W 5th St, Wilton, IA 52778, USA
In the sweltering humidity of a Midwest summer, the Wilton Candy Kitchen is a welcome reprieve. A small-town business in a small-town state, it is in fact the oldest ongoing ice cream parlor and soda fountain in the world- originally established...
1000 Brown St, Iowa City, IA 52245, USA
The Black Angel statue in the Oakland Cemetery in Iowa City is something of a local legend. When I told my Iowa City host that I wanted to practice my photography the next morning, she immediately pointed me to the Black Angel. It's a...
- 1 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 2 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 3 News and Openings 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 4 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 5 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys