Collected by Lauren Nickell
140 W Washington St, Iowa City, IA 52240, USA
I teach a course on cryptography, and one of the highlights of that course is the James Sanborn sculpture Kryptos that sits at CIA headquarters in Langley, Virginia. Sanborn created Kryptos as a meditation on secrecy, and it features four...
508 W 5th St, Wilton, IA 52778, USA
In the sweltering humidity of a Midwest summer, the Wilton Candy Kitchen is a welcome reprieve. A small-town business in a small-town state, it is in fact the oldest ongoing ice cream parlor and soda fountain in the world- originally established...
1000 Brown St, Iowa City, IA 52245, USA
The Black Angel statue in the Oakland Cemetery in Iowa City is something of a local legend. When I told my Iowa City host that I wanted to practice my photography the next morning, she immediately pointed me to the Black Angel. It's a...
- 1 History + Culture Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 2 Air Travel The Best Time to Buy Airline Tickets
- 3 Travel News A Rare Super Blood Wolf Moon Will Be Visible Over America This Weekend
- 4 Packing Tips How to Pack a Suitcase
- 5 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico