Collected by Stephanie
1000 Larsen Park Rd, Sioux City, IA 51101, USA
Visiting the Sergeant Floyd River Museum and Welcome Center will give you insight into the workings of the Army Corps of Engineers and its role along the waterway. Launched on May 31, 1932, the Sergeant Floyd was named after Sergeant Charles...
Mann, Iowa City, IA, USA
Architect Frank Gehry designed this building, which houses the Iowa Advanced Technologies Laboratory at the University of Iowa. The river walk here is simple, but relaxing, with a constant small stream of college students going to and from classes...
140 W Washington St, Iowa City, IA 52240, USA
I teach a course on cryptography, and one of the highlights of that course is the James Sanborn sculpture Kryptos that sits at CIA headquarters in Langley, Virginia. Sanborn created Kryptos as a meditation on secrecy, and it features four...
200 E 3rd St, Davenport, IA 52801, USA
I know, I know. If someone told me that I'd end up loving Davenport, Iowa I'd say they were crazy. I can admit when I'm wrong, and folks, I was wrong. Having set out on a Harley road trip this summer, I picked Davenport, and specifically, the...
- 1 Travel News This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Art + Culture 9 Things That Are Surprisingly Offensive in Asia
- 3 Photography Tips The Key to Taking Jaw-Dropping Outdoor Travel Photos
- 4 Travel News You Can Pay to Attend a Traditional Wedding in India
- 5 Luxury Cruises A Titanic Replica Could Set Sail in 2022