Collected by Kathryn Carmichael
INVERNESS, Scotland -- We were off like the prom dress to visit Scotland as soon as we read about the Disney/Pixar’s “Brave,” themed adventures sponsored by Visit Scotland. The travel savvy folks at Visit Scotland have taken the key themes of...
Drumnadrochit, Inverness IV63 6XJ, UK
How would a road trip in Scotland be complete without a stop at Urquhart Castle, just outside of Inverness on Loch Ness? During our romp around the castle grounds, I made sure to take a moment to study the waters...only to spot not a monster, but...
Ben Nevis, Fort William PH33 6SY, UK
Driving south from Inverness to Glasgow last winter, a friend and I decided to stop at the Nevis Range Mountain Resort outside of Fort William. I had been testing out a new camera and wanted to get photos of Scotland's Highlands. I was certainly...
Loch Dunmore Faskally Wood, Pitlochry PH16 5LB, UK
Pitlochry in Highlands Perthshire could perhaps be an unlikely candidate for the home of an award-winning sound and light show - but, it is, and to be quite honest I can think of similar places that could work just as well - but it's the...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 4 Museums + Galleries Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna
- 5 Bars + Nightlife The Best Rooftop Bars in Los Angeles