Inspirational Street Art
Collected by Dwiveck Custodio, AFAR Local Expert
"Salvemos la tierra!" says this mural in Costa Rica, challenging us to be more protective of the world we live in. One painting captures a crying Earth; another, a couple sailing happily. These contrasting images tell a story of why we need to...
Velkopřevorské náměstí, 100 00 Praha 1, Czechia
I didn't even know about the Lennon Wall until it was the one thing my friend insisted we do in Prague. I'm so glad we want. A ray of sunshine in an otherwise gray(ish) city, you can feel the positivity and hope raditating off its walls. It meant...
330 W Webster Ave, Chicago, IL 60614, USA
By the Clark and Webster intersection in Chicago, you'll come across this intriguing art installation: a tribute to all the sister cities of Chicago around the world. Part of a school project that will undoubtedly inspire your kids, a group of...
300 Lakeside Dr, Oakland, CA 94612, USA
The 1991 Oakland-Berkeley hills firestorm destroyed nearly 4,000 single-family dwellings and apartment and condo units. Tucked under the train and freeway overpass on the west side of College Avenue, the Rockridge BART station Firestorm Tile Wall...
San Juan La Laguna, Guatemala
Visiting a small, artistic village on Lake Atitlan we came across this large wall or fence of recycled pastic bottles. It was amazing and we were so happy to see a new use for plastic bottles. Beautiful Lake Atitlan is located in the Guatemalean...
- 1 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 2 News and Openings 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 3 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys
- 4 Travel News New Zealand’s Most Beautiful Train Ride Is Reopening in December
- 5 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now