Inspirational Street Art
Collected by Dwiveck Custodio , AFAR Local Expert
"Salvemos la tierra!" says this mural in Costa Rica, challenging us to be more protective of the world we live in. One painting captures a crying Earth; another, a couple sailing happily. These contrasting images tell a story of why we need to...
Velkopřevorské náměstí, 100 00 Praha 1, Czechia
I'm ordinarily a harsh critic of the plague of graffiti, which is found in most urban areas. But I draw a distinction when considering the John Lennon Wall in the Mala Strana District of Prague. After Lennon was killed a wall of the Anglo-American...
330 W Webster Ave, Chicago, IL 60614, USA
By the Clark and Webster intersection in Chicago, you'll come across this intriguing art installation: a tribute to all the sister cities of Chicago around the world. Part of a school project that will undoubtedly inspire your kids, a group of...
300 Lakeside Dr, Oakland, CA 94612, USA
The 1991 Oakland-Berkeley hills firestorm destroyed nearly 4,000 single-family dwellings and apartment and condo units. Tucked under the train and freeway overpass on the west side of College Avenue, the Rockridge BART station Firestorm Tile Wall...
San Juan La Laguna, Guatemala
Visiting a small, artistic village on Lake Atitlan we came across this large wall or fence of recycled pastic bottles. It was amazing and we were so happy to see a new use for plastic bottles. Beautiful Lake Atitlan is located in the Guatemalean...
- 1 History + Culture Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 2 Hiking + Cycling 6 Dream Hikes in the United States (and How to Score the Permits)
- 3 Travel News A Rare Super Blood Wolf Moon Will Be Visible Over America This Weekend
- 4 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign
- 5 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico