Indonesia Study Abroad
Collected by Ariana Chomitz
Ubud, Bedulu, Blahbatuh, Kabupaten Gianyar, Bali, Indonesia
Rejang dancers make haste to catch up with the procession going to Goa Gajah, the sacred Elephant Caves outside of Ubud, Bali. They will be one of the many ritual performances that celebrate the temple's odalan, or anniversary.
Metra Kaja, Yangapi, Tembuku, Bangli Regency, Bali, Indonesia
On the shoulders of Bali’s most sacred mountain is perched its Mother Temple, Pura Besakih, a complex of 23 sacred buildings. Several times annually, pilgrims flock here from around the island—on the backs of motorbikes, in buses and...
Petulu, Ubud, Kabupaten Gianyar, Bali 80571, Indonesia
Outside of Ubud in the still-quiet country, the father of a friend wades through a sea of green, taking care of his family's ricefields. He is the last of his line to work in the sawah, or rice paddies. His son has graduated college and works on a...
After taking classes for a month, I am deemed worthy enough to perform the traditional Balinese Welcome Dance in front of a gathering of friends. After adequately performing a dance that any eight year old Balinese girl could do, the following act...
- 1 Air Travel These North American Airports Rank Best (and Worst) in Passenger Satisfaction
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 4 History + Culture Europe’s Lesser-Visited UNESCO Sites Are Easier Than Ever to Explore
- 5 Travel News Several High-Speed Train Routes Are Coming to the United States