Collected by Elena Sandford-Hawken
Borobudur, Magelang, Central Java, Indonesia
Borobudur’s sheer size and epic grandeur – temple spires sprout of the Kedu Plain valley floor against a backdrop of countless volcanic peaks – floor even the most jaded traveler upon visiting. The wily English despot Thomas Stamford Raffles...
Lake Maninjau, Tanjung Raya, Agam Regency, West Sumatra, Indonesia
This is what I think of when travel comes to mind. I think untrammeled territory, wide open country, bits and pieces of the world I've never seen before, people doing things I didn't know they still do or ever did, and a big, booming landscape....
- 1 Winter Sports This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Art + Culture 9 Things That Are Surprisingly Offensive in Asia
- 3 Travel News The Brightest Meteor Shower of the Year Is Happening This Week
- 4 Travel News You Can Pay to Attend a Traditional Wedding in India
- 5 Travel News There’s a Huge Sale on the Most Scenic U.S. Train Routes Right Now