Collected by Rhoda Dunn
Gili Trawangan, Gili Indah, Pemenang, North Lombok Regency, West Nusa Tenggara, Indonesia
The Gili Islands lie off the coast of Lombok and are only accessible by boat. There are three laws on the islands: no dogs, no motorised vehicles of any kind, and no police. Because there are no motorised vehicles, horses and their carts (cidomos)...
Wonokitri, Ledok Sari, Tosari, Pasuruan, Jawa Timur, Indonesia
The trip took a plane, a bicycle, a train, a minivan, a jeep and a horse! Ok, so it didn't take a rocket but might as well. And waiting for the sunrise hopeful that the clouds would lift and reveal this majestic scenery is probably as close as...
- 1History + CultureThe Tea Capital of Europe Isn’t Where You Think It Is
- 2Hiking + Cycling6 Awesome Hiking Apps for Adventurous Travelers
- 3Travel NewsMiniature Horses Are Allowed on Board Southwest Airlines, per New Policy
- 4Gear8 New Books You Need to Read Before Flying to France
- 5History + CultureIntimate Portraits of Women Who Live as Men in Remote Albania