Collected by Ashly Luke
Borobudur, Magelang, Central Java, Indonesia
Borobudur’s sheer size and epic grandeur – temple spires sprout of the Kedu Plain valley floor against a backdrop of countless volcanic peaks – floor even the most jaded traveler upon visiting. The wily English despot Thomas Stamford Raffles...
Jl. Raya Bunutan Amed Ababi Abang Karangasem Bali, Bunutan, Abang, Kabupaten Karangasem, Bali 80852, Indonesia
I went on a solo journey to experience Bali. The highlight by far was diving at the wreck site of the USS Liberty, a WWII cargo ship torpedoed and dragged up to shore. It now sits just below the waterline, covered in a rich tapestry of underwater...
Kumai, Sungai Kapitan, Kumai, Kabupaten Kotawaringin Barat, Kalimantan Tengah, Indonesia
A 30 minute boat ride from Kubu beach takes you Tanjung Keluang, an island resort favoured by locals in search of some weekend relaxation. The resort also runs a small sea turtle conservation project where, for a small donation, you can release a...
- 1 History + Culture Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 2 Hiking + Cycling 6 Dream Hikes in the United States (and How to Score the Permits)
- 3 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico
- 4 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign
- 5 Gear The Best Luggage for 2019