Collected by Ashly Luke
Borobudur, Magelang, Central Java, Indonesia
Borobudur’s sheer size and epic grandeur – temple spires sprout of the Kedu Plain valley floor against a backdrop of countless volcanic peaks – floor even the most jaded traveler upon visiting. The wily English despot Thomas Stamford Raffles...
Jl. Raya Bunutan Amed Ababi Abang Karangasem Bali, Bunutan, Abang, Kabupaten Karangasem, Bali 80852, Indonesia
I went on a solo journey to experience Bali. The highlight by far was diving at the wreck site of the USS Liberty, a WWII cargo ship torpedoed and dragged up to shore. It now sits just below the waterline, covered in a rich tapestry of underwater...
Kumai, Sungai Kapitan, Kumai, Kabupaten Kotawaringin Barat, Kalimantan Tengah, Indonesia
A 30 minute boat ride from Kubu beach takes you Tanjung Keluang, an island resort favoured by locals in search of some weekend relaxation. The resort also runs a small sea turtle conservation project where, for a small donation, you can release a...
- 1 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 2 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 3 News and Openings 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 4 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 5 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys