Collected by Leah Madsen
Tombariri, Minahasa Regency, North Sulawesi, Indonesia
If you go diving in the Lembeh Strait, off north Sulawesi don’t miss the courtship dancing of the tiny Mandarin Fish. They come creeping cautiously from the coral rubble in quiet bays at sunset, wide-eyed and wanton, swishing their little tails...
Lake Maninjau, Tanjung Raya, Agam Regency, West Sumatra, Indonesia
This is what I think of when travel comes to mind. I think untrammeled territory, wide open country, bits and pieces of the world I've never seen before, people doing things I didn't know they still do or ever did, and a big, booming landscape....
- 1History + CultureThe Tea Capital of Europe Isn’t Where You Think It Is
- 2Air TravelMiniature Horses Are Allowed on Board Southwest Airlines, per New Policy
- 3Hiking + Cycling6 Awesome Hiking Apps for Adventurous Travelers
- 4Gear8 New Books You Need to Read Before Flying to France
- 5History + CultureIntimate Portraits of Women Who Live as Men in Remote Albania