Collected by Leah Madsen
Tombariri, Minahasa Regency, North Sulawesi, Indonesia
If you go diving in the Lembeh Strait, off north Sulawesi don’t miss the courtship dancing of the tiny Mandarin Fish. They come creeping cautiously from the coral rubble in quiet bays at sunset, wide-eyed and wanton, swishing their little tails...
Lake Maninjau, Tanjung Raya, Agam Regency, West Sumatra, Indonesia
This is what I think of when travel comes to mind. I think untrammeled territory, wide open country, bits and pieces of the world I've never seen before, people doing things I didn't know they still do or ever did, and a big, booming landscape....
- 1 Travel News Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 2 Hiking + Cycling 6 Dream Hikes in the United States (and How to Score the Permits)
- 3 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico
- 4 Gear The Best Luggage for 2019
- 5 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign