Collected by Katy Bryce
South East Asia
The Indonesian smiles never end. We arrived in this small village to surf and stayed in a tiny three room losmen for a week. We were celebrities as we were the first tourists they had seen in over eight months. A cacophony of "hello misters!"...
South East Asia
The fuzzy haired guy in the little shack behind the cow fixes the some of the worst surfboard dings. The surf break is heavy with sharp reef and shallow ledges. Numerous boards are dinged and broken and numerous people get broken too - lots of...
Kota Agung, Agung City, Tanggamus Regency, Lampung, Indonesia
Pulau Pisang is an island off of the South East tip of Sumatra. Hiring a tiny fishing boat to get there is only half of the adventure. The island has no motorbikes, no restaurants, and no place to stay other than with a local family in their...
Jalan Raya Sibang Kaja, Banjar Saren, Abiansemal, Sibang Kaja, Abiansemal, Kabupaten Badung, Bali 80352, Indonesia
When he sold his jewelry company in 2007, Canadian expat John Hardy and his wife reinvested much of the money into the Green School, an innovative K-12 school in Sibang Kaja, Bali. The curriculum is very experiential—the international and...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 4 Where to Go in Fall 10 Secrets to Doing Oktoberfest Like a Local
- 5 Travel News Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna