Collected by Katy Bryce
South East Asia
The Indonesian smiles never end. We arrived in this small village to surf and stayed in a tiny three room losmen for a week. We were celebrities as we were the first tourists they had seen in over eight months. A cacophony of "hello misters!"...
South East Asia
The fuzzy haired guy in the little shack behind the cow fixes the some of the worst surfboard dings. The surf break is heavy with sharp reef and shallow ledges. Numerous boards are dinged and broken and numerous people get broken too - lots of...
Kota Agung, Agung City, Tanggamus Regency, Lampung, Indonesia
Pulau Pisang is an island off of the South East tip of Sumatra. Hiring a tiny fishing boat to get there is only half of the adventure. The island has no motorbikes, no restaurants, and no place to stay other than with a local family in their...
Jalan Raya Sibang Kaja, Banjar Saren, Abiansemal, Sibang Kaja, Abiansemal, Kabupaten Badung, Bali 80352, Indonesia
When he sold his jewelry company in 2007, Canadian expat John Hardy and his wife reinvested much of the money into the Green School, an innovative K-12 school in Sibang Kaja, Bali. The curriculum is very experiential—the international and...
- 1 Expat Life 11 Best Islands to Move to After Retiring
- 2 Air Travel Another U.S. Airport Now Allows Non-Ticketed Visitors Through Security
- 3 Travel News Why You Should Go to New York City This Winter
- 4 Holiday Travel 15 Go-to Pieces of Travel Gear to Gift This Holiday Season
- 5 Where to Go in Winter 12 Great Beaches for Winter Sun