India: Just Perfect
Collected by Lawrence Walker
Meena Bazaar, Jama Masjid, Chandni Chowk, New Delhi, Delhi 110006, India
With over 200 million Muslims in India, the country has no shortage of mosques. Jama Masjid, India's largest mosque, was commissioned by Shah Jahan, the same emperor who built the iconic Taj Mahal for his beloved wife, Mumtaz Mahal....
Padam Nagar, Sarai Rohilla, New Delhi, Delhi 110007, India
Starting from S. Rohilla Station, we took sleeper class to Jaisalmer. Hoping to get the "real" India experience, we booked the lowest. Little did we know, the trains in lower classes have not changed much since Partition it seems. A pair of...
5, Veer Durga Das Nagar, Paota C Road,, Durga Das Nagar, Laxmi Nagar, Jodhpur, Rajasthan 342004, India
Our driver recommended that we go to Kiran Vilas where he works part-time as they were having a large party with the family and guests for New Years. At first we were a little skeptical: "This is the guy who asked if you are taking 'the pill', I...
Dharmapuri, Forest Colony, Tajganj, Agra, Uttar Pradesh 282001, India
The Taj Mahal is referred to as "the jewel of Muslim art in India,” by UNESCO in its listing on the World Heritage Site registry. The Mughal ruler Shah Jahan had the truly magnificent white marble...
Jiyai, Rajasthan 345001, India
On the way to our camel safari pick-up location, we stopped at a Rajasthani village south-west of Jaisalmer. Immediately the village leader and these children came out to see us. We talked and had fun with them. The women in the picture gave us...
- 1 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 2 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 3 Air Travel These North American Airports Rank Best (and Worst) in Passenger Satisfaction
- 4 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 5 Where to Go in Fall 11 Fall Foliage Train Rides to Book Right Now