India - Country Of My Birth & Inspiration
Collected by Aditi Ruhi
Kazhuthumuttu, Thoppumpady, Kochi, Kerala, India
We were promised a "sunset boat ride" with our romantic package at a resort in Cochin. The resort itself left much to be desired, but this boat ride was absolutely gorgeous. A 75+ year old man wearing a turban around his head and a twinkle in his...
Tala, Bandhavgarh National Park, Manpur, Umaria, Madhya Pradesh 484661, India
Flying down a dirt road in Bandhavgarh National Park in Madhya Pradesh India we popped over a small hill and came face to face with a Kulwah, a 3 year old male Tiger. For the next few minutes our driver backed up, sometimes at the speed of light,...
Sayyaji Rao Rd, Devaraja Mohalla, Shivarampet, Mysuru, Karnataka 570001, India
These are pots of powdered paint displayed in Mysore Market. This market is one of my favorite places in India because of the beautiful fruit and vegetable stalls, friendly vendors, and the air of vibrancy and decay that makes India feel both old...
Raja Katra, Jorasanko, Kolkata, West Bengal 700007, India
While traveling around India I learned to expect the unexpected. Every turn delivered a surprise. When I was in Calcutta, a traffic jam forced my guide and I to abandon our tax ride to the Marble Palace. As we stumbled out the cab door we found...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 3 Travel News Plan Your Fall Getaway With This Peak Foliage Prediction Map
- 4 Cruise Serenity Now: These Are the Cruise Lines Going Totally Kid-Free
- 5 Festivals + Events 10 Secrets to Doing Oktoberfest Like a Local