Collected by Azul Adnan, AFAR Local Expert
If you need to go to the toilet at the Indira Gandhi International Airport, you'll be greeted by gorgeous images of an Indian woman or man. No symbols or signs, just huge photos. And what's more, every toilet has a different face. It did make me...
Dharmapuri, Forest Colony, Tajganj, Agra, Uttar Pradesh 282001, India
The Taj Mahal is referred to as "the jewel of Muslim art in India,” by UNESCO in its listing on the World Heritage Site registry. The Mughal ruler Shah Jahan had the truly magnificent white marble...
Malve Nagar, J.D.A. Market, Kanwar Nagar, Jaipur, Rajasthan 302007, India
Janta Mantar, a Jaipur park for the space-and-time-inclined, was built in the early 1700s by the Maharaja Singh. The UNESCO World Heritage site, located in the old city, contains 20 large stone astronomical instruments designed...
New Delhi, Delhi, India
The three-wheeler auto rickshaw, or "tuk-tuk", is a common sight in India. The green and yellow taxis above are found in Delhi but other regions may have other colors, like black and yellow in Jaipur. Taking a ride in one is something everyone...
- 1 Winter Sports This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Art + Culture 9 Things That Are Surprisingly Offensive in Asia
- 3 Natural Wonders The Brightest Meteor Shower of the Year Is Happening This Week
- 4 Travel News You Can Pay to Attend a Traditional Wedding in India
- 5 Photography Tips The Key to Taking Jaw-Dropping Outdoor Travel Photos