Collected by Kalyani Kausikan
Kolkata, West Bengal, India
No one gets moving too early in this scorching city, so you are likely to enjoy brunch (and occasionally dinner) at Bomti’s. A mainstay of the Kolkata intellectual community, Surajit “Bomti” Iyengar serves authentic Bengali meals in his elegant...
1/328, Tower Road , Fort Kochi, Fort Nagar, Fort Kochi, Kochi, Kerala 682001, India
My family stayed at the Old Harbour Hotel in Fort Cochin in Kochi (Cochin), Kerala in late September 2012. An historic 300 year old building, now a boutique hotel, was a wonderful place to use as a base for exploring Fort Cochin and Kochi. The...
Parade Road, Fort Kochi, Kochi, Kerala 682001, India
The first of Fort Cochin's slew of heritage hotels, Malabar House has been in operation since 1996, though its history dates all the way back to 1755, when it was commissioned by a Dutchman. Today it's one of the most sought-after places to stay...
Kannankara-Thaneermukkom Road, Kannankara, Muttathiparambu, Thanneermukkom, Kerala 688527, India
A boutique bed and breakfast lapped by the waters of Lake Vembanad, Malabar Escapes: Privacy and Discovery hotel in Kerala is a three-bedroom backwater retreat close to Fort Cochin. Discovery, its residential rice barge, offers sun-bathing,...
Burgher Street, Fort Nagar, Fort Kochi, Kochi, Kerala 682001, India
Rest your tired legs, read a book, engage in discussions with world travelers, sip your coffee or simply admire the art without anyone waiting for you to vacate the table. Kashi Art Café feels like an airy tropical garden...
- 1TechThe Future of the Great American Road Trip Is Electric
- 2History + CulturePortugal’s Exquisite Historic Lodgings Offer a Window to the Past
- 3Travel NewsAustria’s New James Bond Museum Is a Spectacular Secret Lair High in the Alps
- 4Travel TipsHow to Plan the Perfect Group Trip (Without the Stress)
- 5Exceptional Travel ExperiencesThe True Magic of Machu Picchu Isn’t Where You Think It Is