Collected by David Netzer
P222/1, Strand Bank Rd, Fairley Place, BBD Bagh, Kolkata, West Bengal 700001, India
I attended the colorful Flower Market early one morning in Kolkata, India. The market is jam packed with people, vehicles and the ubiquitous flowers. The many species of flowers come in all colors and sizes. The scene is best described as colorful...
Lingthem, Sikkim 737116, India
On a visit to Sikkim, India in 2010, I visited the Rumtek Monastery. Here I was able to photograph two monks at the colorful Karma Shri Nalanda Institute, located on the grounds of the monastery. The Institute was founded for Higher Buddhist...
Darjeeling, West Bengal, India
On a trip to India, I was fortunate to visit the Tibetan Refugee Center in Darjeeling. While there I witnessed many adults working to make items to sell. Their children were never far away. Here two of the boys had all they needed to entertain...
- 1Where to Go in FallThe Best Farm-to-Table Restaurants for a Fall Harvest Feast
- 2Travel NewsThe Best Meteor Shower of the Year Peaks This Weekend
- 3Gear8 New Books You Need to Read Before Flying to France
- 4MusicBeyond the French Quarter: Discovering New Orleans’s Downriver Delights
- 5Where to Go in FallAn Expert Guide to Working Remotely and Traveling the World