In the hood at AFAR SF
Collected by Rie Yamaoka
Memories of favorite places around AFAR SF with Allison!
555 Pacific Ave, San Francisco, CA 94133, USA
I recently signed up for a drawing class with a few fellow AFARians, and I came to this art supply store—near Jackson Square in the Financial District—to stock up on materials. Sporting wall-to-wall color and two floors of pencils, paints,...
155 Columbus Ave, San Francisco, CA 94133, USA
A San Franciscan watering hole since 1907, Comstock Saloon serves up classic cocktails (think Negronis and Manhattans) in the buzzing North Beach neighborhood. The bar is run by the bartending duo of Jeff Hollinger and Jonny Raglin, previously of...
465 Davis St, San Francisco, CA 94111, USA
This photo is kind of silly, but this park sandwiched between the Ferry Building area and North Beach is a great place to take your lunch and soak up the sun. Some people have been known to nap here during their lunch break.
318 Pacific Ave, San Francisco, CA 94111, USA
This tiny, unassuming deli-like place is right next to our office and is a lunch-time favorite. The owners are super sweet. We are addicted to the $4 udon-to-go, green tea gingerale and Bugles here. Cash only. Fun fact: the chefs at nearby Quince...
200 Columbus Ave, San Francisco, CA 94133, USA
Stop by Reveille Coffee Co and your morning will be instantly better. The light, airy space in North Beach serves up coffee, pastries, and some of the best avocado and egg toast you’ll find in the city. Founded by Christopher and Tommy Newbury,...
- 1 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 2 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 3 News and Openings 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 4 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 5 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys