Collected by AFAR Explorer
Bukkhalo, Thon Buri, Bangkok 10600, Thailand
Kadeejeen is on the Thonburi side of the Chao Phraya River, in a region that served as the official base of power for the Ayutthaya kingdom (1351-1767 AD). In the late 1700s, however, King Rama I ordered the capital be moved to the opposite side...
New Arun Amarin Rd, Khwaeng Wat Kanlaya, Khet Thon Buri, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon 10600, Thailand
An imposing structure on the banks of the River, Wat Kalayanamit has stood as testament to the Buddhist faith for nearly 200 years. Although the temple itself was built in the traditional Thai style, structures flanking the main temple reflect...
112 Soi Kudeejeen, แขวง วัดกัลยาณ์ Khet Thon Buri, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon 10600, Thailand
The alleyways spreading out from Santa Cruz Church are shaded by trees and dotted with carefully tended gardens. Varied cultures coexist in this cramped section of the capital, and many families operate businesses out of their homes. Bakeries,...
237 ซอย กุฎีจีน 7 Thetsaban Sai 1 Rd, Khwaeng Wat Kanlaya, Khet Thon Buri, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon 10600, Thailand
Five generations of the Thanusingha family have run this bakery, and they still adhere to a 200-year-old recipe. Their specialty: khanom farang kuti jin—a Portuguese cake made of wheat flower, sugar, and egg that they prepare in custom ovens. The...
- 1 Winter Sports This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Art + Culture 9 Things That Are Surprisingly Offensive in Asia
- 3 Natural Wonders The Brightest Meteor Shower of the Year Is Happening This Week
- 4 Travel News You Can Pay to Attend a Traditional Wedding in India
- 5 Photography Tips The Key to Taking Jaw-Dropping Outdoor Travel Photos