I'm just OK with New York
Collected by AFAR Traveler
2 E Main St, Beacon, NY 12508, USA
Housed in an old textile factory and restored in the early 2010s, The Roundhouse offers modern, industrial-chic décor, set against a gorgeous waterfall that feeds into the adjacent Fishkill Creek. Minimalist without feeling cold,...
14 Market St, Cold Spring, NY 10516, USA
As the Hudson river snaked around Constitution Island, 55 miles north of Manhattan, I imagined that I was an intrepid sailor on a Dutch East India company vessel sailing around the bend 400 years ago. But not for long. As waves lashed around me I...
9-01 33rd Rd, Queens, NY 11106, USA
The sculptures of Isamo Noguchi grace public spaces around the world, but the museum that showcases his best works occupies a former photogravure plant in Long Island City, Queens. As much as I like Noguchi's gigantic public pieces, the artist's...
88 Franklin St, New York, NY 10013, USA
Part Roman bath, part Turkish hammam, part massage parlor—it all adds up to a restorative haven in the concrete jungle that is Manhattan. Aire is part of a chain that started in Seville, Spain, and every location is specially chosen to...
- 1 Travel News This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Natural Wonders The Brightest Meteor Shower of the Year Is Happening This Week
- 3 Art + Culture 9 Things That Are Surprisingly Offensive in Asia
- 4 Travel News What Travelers Need to Know About the Paris Riots
- 5 Travel News There’s a Huge Sale on the Most Scenic U.S. Train Routes Right Now