The best thing to do in Ilhéus proper is roam its atmospheric old town, a no-filter-necessary collage of colonial buildings and colorful architecture, and take in such highlights as Jorge Amado's house, Catedral de São...
It's hard to miss the city's legendary cathedral and best-known architectural icon, an eclectic hodgepodge of building styles jutting skyward from the centro histórico. Construction on the ethereal house of worship began in 1931 but...
A must-stop for fans of Brazil's most famous writer, this canary-yellow house is where Amado lived with his parents while writing his debut novel, The Country of Carnival. Amado's father built the neoclassical-style family home in 1928. Guided...
- 1 Travel News This Tiny Country Is Europe’s Fastest Growing Destination
- 2 Expat Life 11 Best Islands to Move to After Retiring
- 3 Exceptional Travel Experiences Thailand Wants to Pay You to Travel the Country Like a Local
- 4 Where to Go in Winter Why You Should Go to New York City This Winter
- 5 Where to Go in Winter 7 UNESCO World Heritage Sites You Need to Visit This Winter