The best thing to do in Ilhéus proper is roam its atmospheric old town, a no-filter-necessary collage of colonial buildings and colorful architecture, and take in such highlights as Jorge Amado's house, Catedral de São...
It's hard to miss the city's legendary cathedral and best-known architectural icon, an eclectic hodgepodge of building styles jutting skyward from the centro histórico. Construction on the ethereal house of worship began in 1931 but...
A must-stop for fans of Brazil's most famous writer, this canary-yellow house is where Amado lived with his parents while writing his debut novel, The Country of Carnival. Amado's father built the neoclassical-style family home in 1928. Guided...
- 1 Travel News Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 2 Air Travel The Best Time to Buy Airline Tickets
- 3 Travel News A Rare Super Blood Wolf Moon Will Be Visible Over America This Weekend
- 4 Packing Tips How to Pack a Suitcase
- 5 Travel News Why You Should Go to Los Angeles This Winter