The best thing to do in Ilhéus proper is roam its atmospheric old town, a no-filter-necessary collage of colonial buildings and colorful architecture, and take in such highlights as Jorge Amado's house, Catedral de São...
It's hard to miss the city's legendary cathedral and best-known architectural icon, an eclectic hodgepodge of building styles jutting skyward from the centro histórico. Construction on the ethereal house of worship began in 1931 but...
A must-stop for fans of Brazil's most famous writer, this canary-yellow house is where Amado lived with his parents while writing his debut novel, The Country of Carnival. Amado's father built the neoclassical-style family home in 1928. Guided...
- 1 Air Travel French Bee Just Made It Much Cheaper to Fly to Paris From New York
- 2 Travel News Anthony Bourdain’s Possessions Will Be Auctioned to Fund New Study Abroad Scholarship
- 3 Where to Go in Fall Plan Your Fall Getaway With This Peak Foliage Prediction Map
- 4 Books 15 Amazing Books That Inspire Us to Travel
- 5 Where to Go in Fall The Largest Monet Exhibition in 20 Years Is Now Open at 1 U.S. Museum