The best thing to do in Ilhéus proper is roam its atmospheric old town, a no-filter-necessary collage of colonial buildings and colorful architecture, and take in such highlights as Jorge Amado's house, Catedral de São...
It's hard to miss the city's legendary cathedral and best-known architectural icon, an eclectic hodgepodge of building styles jutting skyward from the centro histórico. Construction on the ethereal house of worship began in 1931 but...
A must-stop for fans of Brazil's most famous writer, this canary-yellow house is where Amado lived with his parents while writing his debut novel, The Country of Carnival. Amado's father built the neoclassical-style family home in 1928. Guided...
- 1 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 2 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 3 Air Travel These North American Airports Rank Best (and Worst) in Passenger Satisfaction
- 4 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 5 Where to Go in Fall 11 Fall Foliage Train Rides to Book Right Now