ideas for Maui, June 2016
Collected by Joseph Cyr , AFAR Local Expert
3651 Omaopio Rd, Kula, HI 96790, USA
Cute baby goats, hay rides, cheese - what's not to like? The Surfing Goat Dairy in the Kula region of Maui has something for everyone. The foodie will absolutely love everything on their menu with most of the goat cheese products prepared from...
Haleakalā, Hawaii 96790, USA
We awoke at 2:30am to take a van up to the top of Maui's Mt. Haleakala to witness the Hawaiian sunrise. It was very cold & windy, something you would not expect on Maui. The light from the sun spread all across the horizon, and when it finally...
Waimoku Falls, Hawaii 96713, USA
I used to live in Maui, right at the start of the Hana Highway, and driving the famous road was a weekly ritual. I recently went back to visit and found it still as breathtaking as ever. To avoid the tourist traffic (Mustangs seem to be the...
799 Poho Pl, Paia, HI 96779, USA
Tiki bar meets restaurant meets the best food on Maui: foodies flock to Mama’s for the freshest, ocean-to-plate dishes in a postcard-perfect setting. It's so locavore that the menu even names the angler who caught your fish that day! Mama's...
1 Keolani Pl, Kahului, HI 96732, USA
I usually prefer to hike, wander, explore...and would absolutely NOT consider a helicopter tour. However, Maui was my exception, and for one day I chose to be a "tourist" rather than a traveler...it was worth it. I'd heard that much of Maui is...
- 1 Travel Rewards + Air Miles United Is Switching up Its Frequent Flier Awards Program
- 2 National Parks How to Visit the National Parks for Free in 2019
- 3 Travel News What Travelers Need to Know About the Ongoing Paris Riots
- 4 Air Travel Finally, Nonstop Flights From United States to Cape Town Are Coming
- 5 Travel News Single-Use Plastics Will Be Banned in Europe by 2021