Collected by Brook LaDue
Aydinli Mah., Yavuz Sok. No:1, 50180 Göreme Belediyesi/Nevşehir Merkez/Nevşehir, Turkey
by Amy Cortese This family-run hotel offers views of—and rooms carved out of—the rock formations known as “fairy chimneys” that define Turkey’s Cappadocia region. Nibble apricots on the terrace or get scrubbed in the hammam. Kelebek Hotel, 90/(0)...
Lighthouse Road, West End, Negril ., Jamaica
Built on the edge of limestone cliffs, this secluded resort features 12 charming rooms, all of which have ocean views. Guests can dine on authentic Jamaican cuisine in a private grotto, or take in the scene at the candlelit Cave Rum and...
86 Quai de la Loire, 37210 Rochecorbon, France
The dozen carved-rock rooms at this former home for monks overlook the Loire River just outside Tours. Some recently redecorated rooms feature bold, bright patterns on the walls and textiles that will make you feel like you’ve taken a vow of...
Main Street, 847 02, Greece
The hotel’s 20 cave villas and houses in the cliffs took years to restore because only donkeys could transport materials up Oia’s steep paths. Each dwelling offers 180-degree views of the Aegean Sea. —Amy Cortese Alexander’s Boutique Hotel of Oia,...
Via San Giovanni Vecchio, 89, 75100 Matera MT, Italy
I'm not one to skip breakfast, especially in Italy, where thoughts of cappuccino, pastries, and local ham tend to rouse me early from slumber. But on my first morning at the Hotel Sant’Angelo, in the old quarter of Matera, I was having a hard time...
- 1 Travel News This Tiny Country Is Europe’s Fastest Growing Destination
- 2 Exceptional Travel Experiences Thailand Wants to Pay You to Travel the Country Like a Local
- 3 Expat Life 11 Best Islands to Move to After Retiring
- 4 Where to Go in Winter The Sweetest Small Towns in the U.S. to Visit This Winter
- 5 History + Culture 7 UNESCO World Heritage Sites You Need to Visit This Winter