Collected by Greg Sullivan, AFAR Founder
Ketchum, ID, USA
Some 200,000 Christmas lights are used to decorate Sun Valley each holiday season. Another way to put that in perspective is that there are roughly 200 lights for each resident. A lot of effort goes into creating the twinkling postcard-perfect...
2 Sun Valley Rd, Sun Valley, ID 83353, USA
The vertical drop at Sun Valley’s Bald Mountain is 3,400 vertical feet, one of the greatest among American resorts (with longest high speed lift on the continent connecting the base to the summit in one shot). If that number is hard to wrap your...
520 Serenade Ln, Ketchum, ID 83340, USA
Sometimes half the fun of a day on the mountain is the après scene, and Sun Valley has an abundance of bars, breweries, and restaurants where you can meet both locals and fellow visitors. Check out the celebrated Bloody Mary at River Run Lodge or...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 4 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 5 Travel News Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna