Collected by Lucy Flanagan , AFAR Contributor
Nesjavellir 801, 801 Nesjavellir, Iceland
Nestled within a landscape of moss and lava less than an hour from Reykjavik, the Ion Adventure Hotel is one of the few true luxury hotels outside of Iceland’s capital. Under the careful eye of owner Sigurlaug Sverrisdóttir, a...
Friðheimar, Reykholt, Iceland
Friðheimar farm and restaurant is the perfect stop while you drive/hike through the golden circle. The theme of Friðheimar cuisine is tomatoes, in many different forms. And that’s not surprising, as four different varieties of tomato are...
Seljalandsfoss is one of the best-known waterfalls in Iceland. Seljalandsfoss right off Route 1, and it's impossible to miss. While it is a heavy tourist attraction, it's unlike any waterfall I've seen. In any other country, I would image this...
- 1 Air Travel French Bee Just Made It Much Cheaper to Fly to Paris From New York
- 2 Travel News Anthony Bourdain’s Possessions Will Be Auctioned to Fund New Study Abroad Scholarship
- 3 Travel News Plan Your Fall Getaway With This Peak Foliage Prediction Map
- 4 Books 15 Amazing Books That Inspire Us to Travel
- 5 Art The Largest Monet Exhibition in 20 Years Is Now Open at 1 U.S. Museum