Collected by Lucy Flanagan, AFAR Contributor
Nesjavellir 801, 801 Nesjavellir, Iceland
Protruding from a landscape of moss and lava less than an hour from Reykjavik lies one of the very few true luxury hotels outside of the island-nation’s capital, the Ion Adventure Hotel. What was once a no-frills barracks for workers at a...
Friðheimar, Reykholt, Iceland
Friðheimar farm and restaurant is the perfect stop while you drive/hike through the golden circle. The theme of Friðheimar cuisine is tomatoes, in many different forms. And that’s not surprising, as four different varieties of tomato are...
Seljalandsfoss is one of the best-known waterfalls in Iceland. Seljalandsfoss right off Route 1, and it's impossible to miss. While it is a heavy tourist attraction, it's unlike any waterfall I've seen. In any other country, I would image this...
- 1 Air Travel Want a Free Volunteer Vacation? JetBlue Has Your Ticket
- 2 News and Openings 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 3 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys
- 4 Travel News New Zealand’s Most Beautiful Train Ride Is Reopening in December
- 5 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet