Collected by Lucy Flanagan, AFAR Contributor
Nesjavellir 801 Nesjavellir, 801, Iceland
Protruding from a landscape of moss and lava less than an hour from Reykjavik lies one of the very few true luxury hotels outside of the island-nation’s capital, the Ion Adventure Hotel. What was once a no-frills barracks for workers at a...
Friðheimar, Reykholt, Iceland
Friðheimar farm and restaurant is the perfect stop while you drive/hike through the golden circle. The theme of Friðheimar cuisine is tomatoes, in many different forms. And that’s not surprising, as four different varieties of tomato are...
Seljalandsfoss is one of the best-known waterfalls in Iceland. Seljalandsfoss right off Route 1, and it's impossible to miss. While it is a heavy tourist attraction, it's unlike any waterfall I've seen. In any other country, I would image this...
- 1History + CultureThe Tea Capital of Europe Isn’t Where You Think It Is
- 2Hiking + Cycling6 Awesome Hiking Apps for Adventurous Travelers
- 3Travel NewsMiniature Horses Are Allowed on Board Southwest Airlines, per New Policy
- 4Gear8 New Books You Need to Read Before Flying to France
- 5History + CultureIntimate Portraits of Women Who Live as Men in Remote Albania