Collected by Lucy Flanagan, AFAR Contributor
Nesjavellir 801, 801 Nesjavellir, Iceland
Nestled within a landscape of moss and lava less than an hour from Reykjavik, the Ion Adventure Hotel is one of the few true luxury hotels outside of Iceland’s capital. Under the careful eye of owner Sigurlaug Sverrisdóttir, a...
Friðheimar, Reykholt, Iceland
Friðheimar farm and restaurant is the perfect stop while you drive/hike through the golden circle. The theme of Friðheimar cuisine is tomatoes, in many different forms. And that’s not surprising, as four different varieties of tomato are...
Seljalandsfoss is one of the best-known waterfalls in Iceland. Seljalandsfoss right off Route 1, and it's impossible to miss. While it is a heavy tourist attraction, it's unlike any waterfall I've seen. In any other country, I would image this...
- 1 Winter Sports This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Art + Culture 9 Things That Are Surprisingly Offensive in Asia
- 3 Travel News The Brightest Meteor Shower of the Year Is Happening This Week
- 4 Travel News You Can Pay to Attend a Traditional Wedding in India
- 5 Travel News There’s a Huge Sale on the Most Scenic U.S. Train Routes Right Now