Collected by Lucy Flanagan , AFAR Contributor
Nesjavellir 801, 801 Nesjavellir, Iceland
Nestled within a landscape of moss and lava less than an hour from Reykjavik, the Ion Adventure Hotel is one of the few true luxury hotels outside of Iceland’s capital. Under the careful eye of owner Sigurlaug Sverrisdóttir, a...
Friðheimar, Reykholt, Iceland
Friðheimar farm and restaurant is the perfect stop while you drive/hike through the golden circle. The theme of Friðheimar cuisine is tomatoes, in many different forms. And that’s not surprising, as four different varieties of tomato are...
Seljalandsfoss is one of the best-known waterfalls in Iceland. Seljalandsfoss right off Route 1, and it's impossible to miss. While it is a heavy tourist attraction, it's unlike any waterfall I've seen. In any other country, I would image this...
- 1 Air Travel Another U.S. Airport Now Allows Non-Ticketed Visitors Through Security
- 2 Restaurants + Cafés This Bistro Was Just Voted the Best New Restaurant in the United States
- 3 Travel News Tour Guides Will Soon Be Restricted at Two Popular NYC Sites
- 4 Travel Tips Temples, Tipping, and Train Rides: A Guide to Japan for First-Timers
- 5 Where to Go in Spring 10 Best Places to Travel in May